Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Mopar Nationals!  (Read 4539 times)

brotherGood

• Generationally Challenged
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
  • Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul
Re: Mopar Nationals!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 17:41:21 »

Well, Im not sure the itinerary on saturday..but i'd say meet say in front of the row of engines (Indy booth I believe) at 4 on saturday. But I think the burnout comp starts at either 4 or 4:30
'86 Dodge Diplomat AHB. Rebuilt 318 LA/Magnum, cop 904, 8.25 rear.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

mopardwh

• Dippy God
  • Evansville, IN
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 23:51:51 »

Well I made it here around 8. I even had a Mopar on my tailgate the whole way. :p Jason, what time you wanna meet up Saturday?

I'm kind of bummed because every year before I've posted about a Nats/dippy meet up and no one ever seemed interested, until now when I'm passing on the car.  :( I'm really starting to miss it already.

I'll be here until early Sunday, so I'm down for meeting up. Maybe we'll get Jason to burn off these old crap tires.  :biggrin:
Doug

Lightning

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 15:30:45 »

Well, got here at 2:40 in the afternoon, it starts raining an hour and a half later.

Lightning

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 17:09:32 »

Next year, we've gotta plan this out better.

DobaMark

• Administrator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Pittsburgh
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 18:36:04 »

The best deals at the Nats are always on Sunday.  And if it had been a rainy weekend, I used to get awesome deals on Sunday. Of course back then I lived local and could hang around most of the day Sunday.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 18:52:23 »

Well, we braved the monsoon and swamp area Friday, and spent a lot of time out today and just barely got to the car before more rain. Even though it did take about an hour to get out of the parking lot..lol. were gonna just rest up and head home tomorrow..2 days of sunburn really sucks..lol.

Saw a couple member, lightning and 88granfury..I even recorded his burnout on my phone (quality/cameraman ability isn't that great).

Next year, we'll definitely have to plan it ahead of time...maybe have a member dinner..lol

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 19:04:28 »

Yes, and anyone who can take and post some pics, especially of cool Mopar cop cars, please do.

Found one cop car..I snapped a pic while it was driving by..ill upload everything to my computer when I get home..and ill post that cop car here.

spike

• StreeT SweepaZ
  • Dippy Oracle
  • sticks of wisconsin
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 21:51:51 »

mid as wel post it all in here and keep all the coverage in here

ih8gmandford

• Dippy Groupie
  • NW Ohio
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 17:25:37 »

Richard Ehrenberg was at the Mopar Action tent when I got my subscription renewed. You would think that paying $22 for a mag would entitle you to a hug, but apparently not. Next time the chicks in the MCG kissing booth will be getting my money!

I met up with Doug on Saturday, and got to see the 88 AHB I bought many moons ago. I changed the four tires in the downpour, and broke my Craftsman 3/4" socket, a china made 3/4" impact socket, plus twisted the ratcheting handle on my friend's tire changs kit. Doug was a champ, though, and came out in the rain w/ his tool set and broke the lugs free.
 I've never ran aluminum rims, but now know a thing or two about aftermarket rims:
 (1) run extended lugs to make sure you can get a good bite w/ removing tool
 (2) do not rattle 'em on with an impact unless you like to torture yourself or hate whoever gets the car
 I changed the tires, filled 'er up with fuel, used Rain-X (found in the backseat) on the windshield, and drove it 125 miles home. The only issue I had was that the brake lights don't work, but it's probably just a fuse. I will troubleshoot them tomorrow, get the Ohio inspection for title transfer, and then get plates for it.
 The car burns MAD rubber. The kids love it! -Jason

Doug was very easy to work with, and made sure this deal went as smoothly as possible. I think he even went above and beyond what was expected. My best purchase on the internet so far! Thanks again, Doug!!

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 22:57:07 »

mid as wel post it all in here and keep all the coverage in here

I forgot about my photobucket..lol. so here's the link to my profile, once my computer gets working, ill create a separate album and link it here. I got more on the camera, but we gotta upload all that still.

http://m1270.photobucket.com/profile/Brian_Good

mopardwh

• Dippy God
  • Evansville, IN
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 23:18:47 »

Glad to see you made it safe Jason. I told you the car would do good.  BTW, his name is Brick. Never let me down, I hope the same goes for you. I will miss the car but I'm really glad to see it go to a good home.

I met Diplomatic Immunity on Sunday, and also saw another Brown Dip that entered the burnout comp but otherwise I don't recall seeing any Dips.
Doug

88granfury

• AKA "Ronfather"
  • Dippy Groupie
  • Eden, NY
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 00:23:51 »

Well, we braved the monsoon and swamp area Friday, and spent a lot of time out today and just barely got to the car before more rain. Even though it did take about an hour to get out of the parking lot..lol. were gonna just rest up and head home tomorrow..2 days of sunburn really sucks..lol.

Saw a couple member, lightning and 88granfury..I even recorded his burnout on my phone (quality/cameraman ability isn't that great).

Next year, we'll definitely have to plan it ahead of time...maybe have a member dinner..lol
This is probably the first year in the 13 or so I've been going to the mopar nats where it just absoultely downpoured and go figure here I am, the first year ever bringing the plymouth post all the modifications and a giant hole that I cut in my hood to clear the carb/air cleaner!  Thankfully I remembered to bring plenty of garbage bags and duct tape!!  Hopefully you guys didnt get to wet, I huddled under the edlebrock tent when the sky let loose. 
88 GF 440 4bbl .030 over, eddy performer high rise, Holley 850 DP, Built 727 TF w/ cheeta reverse shift pattern, 3500 hughes stall, home made frame ties, , 8 3/4 4.56 gears w/trutrac, bias ply rear shoes,  Light Em' Up.
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up