Might as well treat this as a build thread finally, now that I've got it back as a toy, and not a DD.
After half the year at the shop, waiting for work that never got done, we went and rescued it a couple weeks ago. It still has no back brakes, the carb/choke still doesn't work, and it got a flat tire while sitting up there. Took the tire off and sent it to a local tire shop to get plugged for the time being, and while that was away, we changed the prop. valve. Dad thought that was the problem, but we soon found out, that's not the case. So, next on the list to do is install new lines from the valve back, rejet the carb back to stock settings (Im thinking that may be the issue), and find some tires.
Heres how it sits now. Not doing much, but at least its home. Time to get crap done.