Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] |   Go Down

Author Topic: 85 Gran Fury  (Read 19650 times)

Chavlics

• So Many Upgrades, So Little Money
  • Dippy God
  • Michigan
  • M-Body addict since 09
Re: 85 Gran Fury
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2013, 19:04:38 »

Nice looking job under that hood!

I would take the wiring for the performance ignition and run it in some split wire loom for extra protection, and a more finished look.  The loom even comes in some snazzy colors these days; so you could match the 8mm wires if you wanted to.

Thanks Darth!

Yeah I planned on doing that I just didn't know if you could get different colors other than black. But now I know, thanks!  :biggrin:
'85 Gran Fury 318 2bbl, Mopar Performance Ignition, Accel 8mm wires, trans cooler, semi-cop suspension. Gone but not forgotten.
‘09 Dodge Charger 3.5 H.O. - - 53k miles. 91 Diablo Tune. Upgraded brakes. Blasting Bobs 10dB dual exhaust.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

Chavlics

• Dippy God
  • Michigan
  • M-Body addict since 09
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2013, 19:08:40 »

Hey PITFA did you recharge your a/c with R12 or convert to R134? I have been wanting to get mine up and running but I haven't even looked into any pricing or info yet?
'85 Gran Fury 318 2bbl, Mopar Performance Ignition, Accel 8mm wires, trans cooler, semi-cop suspension. Gone but not forgotten.
‘09 Dodge Charger 3.5 H.O. - - 53k miles. 91 Diablo Tune. Upgraded brakes. Blasting Bobs 10dB dual exhaust.

partyinthe5thave

• Dippy God
  • Oxford Ny
  • The Fif
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2013, 22:42:03 »

i really have no clue. ill ask my brother. im just gonna wait till im at school cause they have a pro chargeing machine or whatever. but i just used some stuff in a can,
'87 5th Ave, Grey. 90k Eddy 650 CFM 4bbl, Eddy intake, Mopar Perf ignition, stock roller reground to 410/425-Mild,Canadian Y pipe, single 2.5" exhaust.

Chavlics

• Dippy God
  • Michigan
  • M-Body addict since 09
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2013, 23:27:58 »

i really have no clue. ill ask my brother. im just gonna wait till im at school cause they have a pro chargeing machine or whatever. but i just used some stuff in a can,

FYI that prob isn't good what you did by using stuff in a can. All they sell in a can for a DIY job is R134 and our systems take R12 or at least mine does. Yours is a couple years newer so yours might take 134. Or its possible your bro got it converted over to 134 when he had the car Idk. But I do know that if you mix the two different freons together it is not good, and you must get the system evacuated and then refilled, assuming there is no leaks.

I want to get mine checked for leaks and recharged if possible. I know the compressor works but as for the rest of the system that is a toss up.

Reno911

• Dippy Groupie
  • Southern Oregon
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2013, 23:58:38 »

Really clean car!

I'd like to see more interior shots, love me some nice original interiors. Wish I had yours, looks cozy :p
Sam
-1981 Reno PD Gran Fury "Reno"
Restoration underway

partyinthe5thave

• Dippy God
  • Oxford Ny
  • The Fif
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 07:10:49 »

FYI that prob isn't good what you did by using stuff in a can. All they sell in a can for a DIY job is R134 and our systems take R12 or at least mine does. Yours is a couple years newer so yours might take 134. Or its possible your bro got it converted over to 134 when he had the car Idk. But I do know that if you mix the two different freons together it is not good, and you must get the system evacuated and then refilled, assuming there is no leaks.

I want to get mine checked for leaks and recharged if possible. I know the compressor works but as for the rest of the system that is a toss up.

i reall dont know. i got a new compressor too. i really have no clue. it happen when i was 16. so its been awhile. ill ask today and see what he did if he can remember.
'87 5th Ave, Grey. 90k Eddy 650 CFM 4bbl, Eddy intake, Mopar Perf ignition, stock roller reground to 410/425-Mild,Canadian Y pipe, single 2.5" exhaust.

Chavlics

• Dippy God
  • Michigan
  • M-Body addict since 09
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2013, 13:19:05 »

Really clean car!

I'd like to see more interior shots, love me some nice original interiors. Wish I had yours, looks cozy :p

Thanks Reno911! Yeah it is very comfortable  :D and I can't complain for 500$. Its not perfect but I got a hell of deal on it and now (without the lean burn) she runs great. As far as interior goes, every one of the seats is perfect except for the drivers seat. It has a huge hole on the lower back part just from people getting in and out of the car over the years. The car could use some new carpet as well but other than that my car's interior is in better shape than most of my friends newer cars!

That reminds me I need to get a sun visor to put up in my windshield so I can keep the sun off my dash and gauges and keep the temperature down inside the car, at least a little bit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] |   Go Up