Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: 87dip  (Read 3875 times)

87dip

Re: 87dip
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 00:00:24 »

Nice Fury. I had a '70 also, a 2dr hard top (PM23) with a 383. Same color too.

2dr hard tops look awesome.  this one had a 318 2bbl and 28k miles.  It took a little old lady to church, and to the store for years. 

Captain Caravelle

• Mopar Maniac
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Hogtown, Canada
  • I ain't sayin'...I'm just sayin'
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 18:09:05 »

I wish I did.  It was a fun car.  I sold her a few years ago when I had to move for work.

Beautiful car.
At least you got to enjoy it while you had it.

And besides, your Dip is a total sweetie.
1978 Plymouth Caravelle 2 Door Boat Tail 225 Super Six
1980 Plymouth Volare 2 Door Coupe 225 Super Six
1987 Chrysler Fifth Ave. 318 Police Interceptor (Daily Driver)
2002 "toy"ota Scamry (Lady V's Daily Driver)

87dip

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 18:11:49 »

winter pics

gomopar88

• Dippy Junkie
  • Daytona Beach Shores, FL
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 02:07:56 »

Nice, I love all M Bodies
'89 Chrysler Fifth Avenue, Light Pewter Metallic
'94 Chrysler LeBaron Salon 3.0, Wildberry Metallic

87dip

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 21:27:30 »

Few updates on my car:
Most recently I repaired my headliner with new fabric.  It's not an exact color match, but very close.  Non the less it looks great!!  Some where I read to use contact cement...yeah that didn't work to well.  I ended up using the lock-tight spray glue.  I had some troubles with the fiberglass backing.  It was really hard to scrape the old glue off without removing some of the fiberglass.  As a result my finished product has a few lumps here and there.  I had to peice the fiberglass together and tape it, as it was really brittle.  My Mother also drove over....which didn't help at all LOL.  I pulled a replacement peg-board type headliner out of a much older car at the junk yard.  I ended up not using it, as it smelled like old car and rat pee.  I was glad that my fiberglass one was able to work still.
The other project was my fuel line and carb.  I was having huge fuel consumption issues, so I pulled a carb off a Ram Truck and put it on my car.  I could tell a big diff right away.  Car started awesome like.  Right after I was smelling a LOT of gas, and had gas leaking from the car.  I traced it down the fuel line and seen that the fuel filter rubber hose peices were trash.  I'm not sure how I was getting any gas to carb with how bad they looked.  I snapped a new fuel filter on with new hose peices and I'm in business.  Car is running really good.  The best it has since I took ownership. 
I finished installing new speakers in the rear deck.  I have some pics I'll post of the project soon.  The stereo sounds great now!! 
This weekend I need to put on some new breaks.  Got the car going good, now I just need to get it stopping good.

Chavlics

• So Many Upgrades, So Little Money
  • Dippy God
  • Michigan
  • M-Body addict since 09
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 23:43:23 »

Few updates on my car:
Most recently I repaired my headliner with new fabric.  It's not an exact color match, but very close.  Non the less it looks great!!  Some where I read to use contact cement...yeah that didn't work to well.  I ended up using the lock-tight spray glue.  I had some troubles with the fiberglass backing.  It was really hard to scrape the old glue off without removing some of the fiberglass.  As a result my finished product has a few lumps here and there.  I had to peice the fiberglass together and tape it, as it was really brittle.  My Mother also drove over....which didn't help at all LOL.  I pulled a replacement peg-board type headliner out of a much older car at the junk yard.  I ended up not using it, as it smelled like old car and rat pee.  I was glad that my fiberglass one was able to work still.
The other project was my fuel line and carb.  I was having huge fuel consumption issues, so I pulled a carb off a Ram Truck and put it on my car.  I could tell a big diff right away.  Car started awesome like.  Right after I was smelling a LOT of gas, and had gas leaking from the car.  I traced it down the fuel line and seen that the fuel filter rubber hose peices were trash.  I'm not sure how I was getting any gas to carb with how bad they looked.  I snapped a new fuel filter on with new hose peices and I'm in business.  Car is running really good.  The best it has since I took ownership. 
I finished installing new speakers in the rear deck.  I have some pics I'll post of the project soon.  The stereo sounds great now!! 
This weekend I need to put on some new breaks.  Got the car going good, now I just need to get it stopping good.

Nice man glad to hear she is running good now. You still have the lean burn right?

Another question, how hard was it to put new speakers in the rear? I want to put some pioneer speakers back there but I haven't even looked to see how hard it would be? A lot of disassembly required?
'85 Gran Fury 318 2bbl, Mopar Performance Ignition, Accel 8mm wires, trans cooler, semi-cop suspension.
1994 Mercury Grand Marquis--74k, 4.6L  Extremely clean luxury cruiser
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up