Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: My first ride, 85 diplomat  (Read 1112 times)

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
Re: My first ride, 85 diplomat
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 11:55:11 »

I really like that look. On paper I wouldn't think I would, but the I absolutely like everything about the look, right down to the whitewall tires! Very cool.
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock

Dylaniplomat

• Dippy Regular
  • Stockbridge MA
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 18:17:20 »

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I've put just under 2000 miles on the dip since I've owned it and it's been a blast. I replaced the wiper bushings after discovering the old ones were dried up and in pieces, and today I had some help taking the door panel off for the first time. The drivers side power window needs a new gear on the motor so I ordered one today and am waiting for it to arrive. This car has been great to me thus far - it's definitely been a pleasure to call it mine!
1985 Dodge diplomat salon, 52k miles, daily driver

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 21:51:45 »

I use brake parts cleaner to clean out the old grease and gear parts from window motor before installing new gear and grease. It blows all the old crap out of there. Also good time to wipe the old dried grease from the window tracks and put in some fresh grease. I found that a tube of "Fifth Wheel Grease" is very silky and doesn't need heat like bearing grease to stay silky in Winter. Works well for gear too if new gear doesn't come with grease.
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up