Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] |   Go Down

Author Topic: brotherGood  (Read 26085 times)

brotherGood

• Generationally Challenged
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
  • Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul
Re: brotherGood
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2022, 18:34:14 »

Little update on the AHB:

Dad sent me a text this afternoon saying the car is (finally) going in for a trans rebuild. In addition to the rebuild, they're going to check pinion angle, replace the trans mount, add a shift kit and also put a new, higher stall converter in it. Based on what he (the mechanic) was saying, it sounds like the drive ability issues that have plagued the car for the last 5 years or so are heavily influenced by the lack of converter in there currently.

After the car gets back, it's getting a new cam/lifter/pushrod setup, followed by a new interior fixing my inexperienced hackery.

Even though it's not mine, I'm still not only hands on with the planning, but also the execution..and can't wait to see the end result.

Stay tuned.....
'86 Dodge Diplomat AHB. Rebuilt 318 LA/Magnum, cop 904, 8.25 rear.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2022, 21:09:51 »

Even though this site is a ghost town compared to when this thread was started, I'll still throw the update here too..

On the AHB:
A new to us interior is sitting in my garage, awaiting the time to switch everything out. After that's done I think the plan is to finally address the transmission/converter and see what kind of damage has been done since it's sat for so long. Now that the Olds is nearing completion, I'm getting the motivation to tear into this thing so we can maybe cruise them together.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2022, 21:16:06 »

And now the update on the Olds..

Engine is in, car is back together and I've actually driven it a few times. The biggest issue right now is a lack of vacuum which everyone is attributing to the cam other than the guy I bought the cam from (though it's hard to argue with him as he's currently working on developing Edelbrocks Oldsmobile heads)

Once that's sorted, I've got a list of small things to address then it's off to get the quarter fixed (wheel feel off) and get the exhaust replaced. I'm hoping all that gets done in the next couple of months, so that I can focus on the AHB and Pops and I can go thrash on them both this summer.

https://youtu.be/JKYS2cVzDoU
https://youtu.be/g0_i0gdCRRY

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2023, 15:09:25 »

Never did update this after it got back from the transmission shop, but holy cow it came back better than ever. Even with lifter tick, not being warmed up, and needing brakes bled, it ran so freaking well

...that being said, Pops got a knock on the door this morning and it now has a new owner. Kinda bummed after 13 years I never got it done, but at least it'll finally get there and be enjoyed again.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] |   Go Up