Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: U-JOINTS!  (Read 1465 times)

85fifth

• Dippy Die-Hard
  • Carver, MA
U-JOINTS!
« on: April 15, 2013, 17:41:15 »

Can you see the anger?^^ Literally just went and bought two more incase the one I'm putting in decides to take a dump like the last one did. This time I get it in and its literally a mm away from where I can put the clip in. I deburred the hoops and everything.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 19:21:32 by Mike »
1985 Dodge Diplomat "Dorothy" (Civi)- 318, Factory 2 BBL Lean Burn Carb w/ MP Ignition, Taylor Plug Wires, and MSD Coil. Soon to be 318, Eddy Intake+Cam, Catless Y.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

85fifth

• Dippy Die-Hard
  • Carver, MA
Re: THESE F**KING U-JOINTS!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 18:13:48 »

Clearly not getting any help with such an attitude but I'm tired. I work 8.5 hours today and come home to my car, still sitting on the jackstands. Go get two new U-Joints to try again, what do you know?
1985 Dodge Diplomat "Dorothy" (Civi)- 318, Factory 2 BBL Lean Burn Carb w/ MP Ignition, Taylor Plug Wires, and MSD Coil. Soon to be 318, Eddy Intake+Cam, Catless Y.

79dodge4ever

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Oracle
  • windsor NS Canada
Re: THESE F**KING U-JOINTS!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 19:02:00 »

Can you see the anger?^^ Literally just went and bought two more incase the one I'm putting in decides to take a dump like the last one did. This time I get it in and its literally a mm away from where I can put the clip in. I deburred the hoops and everything. This is some bull[Edited by Farley's] I just want to drive my car its going on 3 days now.

are you positive that the parts place is giving you the right joint, and that none of the needle bearings are falling into the cap when you go to press them in?
When told the reason for daylight savings time an old Indian said, “only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket”

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
Re: U-JOINTS!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 19:22:13 »

Clearly not getting any help with such an attitude but I'm tired. I work 8.5 hours today and come home to my car, still sitting on the jackstands. Go get two new U-Joints to try again, what do you know?

You're right. Watch the language or you're going to earn yourself a time out.

79dodge4ever

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Oracle
  • windsor NS Canada
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 19:27:47 »

You're right. Watch the language or you're going to earn yourself a time out.

he means it too :P time out can be a day or a week or perminit
When told the reason for daylight savings time an old Indian said, “only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket”

85fifth

• Dippy Die-Hard
  • Carver, MA
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 19:47:09 »

Honestly I don't care if I don't get my U-Joints in I'm going to go f'in crazy

85fifth

• Dippy Die-Hard
  • Carver, MA
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 19:48:16 »

They are the correct U-Joints, I've bought 4 of them now. One is still in the box, one went on fairly easy, the other one broke, and now I'm trying to put the new one in and its still fighting me.

79dodge4ever

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Oracle
  • windsor NS Canada
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 20:47:02 »

They are the correct U-Joints, I've bought 4 of them now. One is still in the box, one went on fairly easy, the other one broke, and now I'm trying to put the new one in and its still fighting me.

the driveshaft loops might be out of round, check if you can

Malcolm from Canada

• Four Fifths to attend to
  • Dippy God
  • Rural Ontario
  • Coming back from a Lincoln
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 13:50:10 »

85Fifth

troubles with the last two at the rear axle or the front yoke ? Are you using the tap method, with a hammer or the C-clamp method ? The tap method can often loosen and lodge a needle bearing, right when you don't wnat that to happen. Can you borrow a woodworking C-clamp off Flanders or anyone ?

Malcolm
Had a 360/727/ 8 1/4" Suregripped 87' Fifth Avenue and many M and J-bodies over the years.

85fifth

• Dippy Die-Hard
  • Carver, MA
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 14:49:40 »

Lol the reference to flanders! Haha well I'm going over one of my father's employee's house to use his vice which is "a little bigger" than mine which might do the trick. I also think the driveshaft may be out of round too thats a good possibility. We shall see. Too bad, today was a nice day for a cruise  :pound:

cbodymoparfan

• The Monster- It's ALIVE!
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Connecticut
  • CopCar Fanatic-Saving them for the Next Generation
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 18:12:01 »

Wood block and a ball pean hammer. Sorta like McGiver less the duck tape.
1984 Gran Diplomat AHB - E. HTFD P.D.
1989 Dodge Dippy- former Tenn.H.P.
1973 Ply Fury I CSP Clone

spike

• StreeT SweepaZ
  • Dippy Oracle
  • sticks of wisconsin
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 18:17:47 »

Wood block and a ball pean hammer. Sorta like McGiver less the duck tape.
That's how I do it

85fifth

• Dippy Die-Hard
  • Carver, MA
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 18:26:57 »

well I managed to get them in. Now all's left to do is duke it out with the tranny mount.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up