Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Bumper fillers...  (Read 6348 times)

TinyTim

• Dippy Regular
Bumper fillers...
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:18:24 »

Sorry for being such a noobee, but where can I get bumper filler replacements for my Gran Fury?  I'm lead to believe that there is such a thing because I saw a squad car on Allpar that has the fillers in primer.  I know they make them for Caddys; Any luck getting them for a Mopar?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:38:53 by TinyTim »

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

DobaMark

• Administrator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Pittsburgh
Re: Bumper fillers...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:40:00 »

Actually those aren't primer.  They are silver.  When you ordered a special paint color, Chrysler used silver on the plastic parts rather than painting them the custom body color separate from the car body on the flex pieces.  Or they may have done silver or the special body color depending on how much the agency wanted to spend.  But you will see lots of the custom painted cop cars with the silver bumper filler.

I think you are stuck buying either new from Chrysler or used from a parts car.  The only company I know that did any reproductions for Mopars did them for the 80-83 Cordoba/Mirada (Replica Plastics in Dothan, AL).  I have a set of their repops on the back of my 81 Dodge Mirada.

TinyTim

• Dippy Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 10:54:30 »

Dodge stealership - BOO!  I was hoping you wouldn't say that.  Interesting about the factory doing the fillers in silver.  I learn something new every time I get on here.  Thanks for the input.

DobaMark

• Administrator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:09:12 »

The funny part is, if you could still get the parts (I don't know if you can) the parts you'd get would be "paint as required".  The factory won't paint the plastic, but they want you to.

spike

• StreeT SweepaZ
  • Dippy Oracle
  • sticks of wisconsin
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 12:56:06 »

actually on the older cars (70s mopars) they were originaly silver on all models i believe. i know the A and E bodies were anyways

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 17:18:02 »

I think they were silver as part of the paint colors for the car or it was a separate supplier that police could get them from like maybe one of the equipment companies.

Ice Cold

• Dippy Oracle
  • Frozen Wastelands, Canada
  • Mopar or No Car
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 19:19:41 »

I have a NOS unpainted white one for a Dip. :umm:
I'll snap a pic when I get a chance.
1988 Fifth Ave
1987 Diplomat
1989 Diplomat AHB
1979 Lebaron Medallion 4dr
1979 Lebaron Coupe
1977 Aspen R/T
All drivers.
Too many cars and still looking.

MyDodgeDip

• Dippy Oracle
  • Somerville, NJ
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 19:57:15 »

where ya located tim? might have a spare somewhere, SE or Salon?
~Luke
1978 Chrysler Lebaron Coupe, 360-4, Sunroof
+ A Fleet of K cars...

spike

• StreeT SweepaZ
  • Dippy Oracle
  • sticks of wisconsin
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 20:44:23 »

arnt they the same between SEs and salons?

MyDodgeDip

• Dippy Oracle
  • Somerville, NJ
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 21:39:02 »

arnt they the same between SEs and salons?

not positive but I thought they were a little different under the grille part
~Luke
1978 Chrysler Lebaron Coupe, 360-4, Sunroof
+ A Fleet of K cars...

TinyTim

• Dippy Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 22:03:42 »

I'm in Huntsville, Tx (a little ways away).  It's the piece along the rear that's in real bad shape, but I probably need the front piece(s?) too.  Not sure if it's an SE or Salon, it's been too rainy outside to even go check,  I know it's got quite a few options - p/w, pwr. dr. seat, nice plush interior, and a vinyl top.  It's doo-doo Brown with turnine-style wheel covers (only have one or two of those though, so lemme know if you know someone looking for some).  Don't know if any of that helps at all, but may be it'll quit raining tomorrow long enough for me to go check. 

toyolet23

• Dippy Junkie
  • Ohio
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 22:42:46 »

I have a set off a 1980 Lebaron T Top car (Mark's old one).  Contact toyolet23@hotmail for pics & info.

Imperator

• Dippy Junkie
  • The Pickup
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 09:36:39 »

Hey I'm looking for some bumper fillers too. They are for my 1978 dip. The collor is dark green metallic. I don't know if this is a factory collor or not. I'm also looking for a right front fender and the left back fender. If anyone has some idea's or parts i'm glad to hear them. I will be posting some pic's soon. Maybe you guys can recomend me some things to make the car look good again.
Thanks
Stay hard 
Stay Hard & Heavy

spike

• StreeT SweepaZ
  • Dippy Oracle
  • sticks of wisconsin
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 22:25:34 »

Hey I'm looking for some bumper fillers too. They are for my 1978 dip. The collor is dark green metallic. I don't know if this is a factory collor or not. I'm also looking for a right front fender and the left back fender. If anyone has some idea's or parts i'm glad to hear them. I will be posting some pic's soon. Maybe you guys can recomend me some things to make the car look good again.
Thanks
Stay hard 

the green on the fillers is probably factory as it wasnt a special order car. someone on here might have a front fender for ya but youll probably have to patch up the 1/4 panel yourself

BTW welcome aboard
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 22:27:49 by spikekid999 »
Pages: [1] |   Go Up