Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiator goes .......  (Read 1901 times)

TomP

• Dippy God
  • Baltimore, Maryland !
Radiator goes .......
« on: July 04, 2010, 19:26:26 »

I am already missing my reliable old 83. Been driving the 1988 and it runs good, but would leak a little antifreeze once in a while, usually on longer trips and only after I parked the car.....The mechanic worked on it, but yesterday the radiator went and now it won't hold ANYTHING. We checked and the bottom seal on the radiator leaks and bad. I just got this radiator replaced a few years back....... :blink:
My fleet :
1983 Dodge Diplomat AHB - 2 bbl , white in color !
1988 Dodge Diplomat AHB 4 bbl. Grey in color.
Still Have two - Son Has a 88 Gran Fury

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

moparmuscle88

• Gearhead
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
  • Westminster, MD
Re: Radiator goes .......
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 21:54:22 »

id stick a junkyard truck radiator in it and call it a day
'88 Fifth Avenue 318 4bbl, cammed, hooker super comps w/ 2.5 duals w/ x pipe, eddy streetmaster single plane, 360 heads, mancini racing alternator kit, HEI ignition, 7.25 sure grip w/ 3.73's A999 (slippin) no a/c no smog, just motor...

TomP

• Dippy God
  • Baltimore, Maryland !
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 19:09:40 »

Wish I had.......This heatwave and the townhouse I live in make it rough for front yard repairs. Had to have it towed and by it was all said and done, a $500. bill ! I 've gone to the same shop for years, but this time I'm not happy.  Towing $90 for 2 miles ! Radiator $289. I have no one to blame by myself but this is a lesson well learned. To make matters worse, my Pentastar on the hood was knocked off :pound: :pound: :pound:
My fleet :

moparmuscle88

• Gearhead
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
  • Westminster, MD
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 21:04:05 »

i know im up in westminster, but your welcome to come up and use my house/gargae to work anytime you want
'88 Fifth Avenue 318 4bbl, cammed, hooker super comps w/ 2.5 duals w/ x pipe, eddy streetmaster single plane, 360 heads, mancini racing alternator kit, HEI ignition, 7.25 sure grip w/ 3.73's A999 (slippin) no a/c no smog, just motor...

Reggie

• Gran Fifthlomat Meister
  • Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Maryland - DMV Area
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 21:49:17 »

Wish I had.......This heatwave and the townhouse I live in make it rough for front yard repairs. Had to have it towed and by it was all said and done, a $500. bill ! I 've gone to the same shop for years, but this time I'm not happy.  Towing $90 for 2 miles ! Radiator $289. I have no one to blame by myself but this is a lesson well learned. To make matters worse, my Pentastar on the hood was knocked off :pound: :pound: :pound:

I'm sorry to hear about your radiator trouble Thomas.  :(  I do have an extra Pentastar if you need one.  - RR
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." - Christopher Morley 1890-1957, American author and editor

Library format and content © 2007- 2012 Reginald A. Royster, Sr., unless otherwise authored or noted.

TomP

• Dippy God
  • Baltimore, Maryland !
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 18:40:39 »

Guys, I'll take you up on the offers.....Steve, I would love to have you do the Head Gasket and I'll pay you ! Reggie I really could use that Pentastar, it feels funny driving the car without it.
My fleet :

Reggie

• Gran Fifthlomat Meister
  • Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Maryland - DMV Area
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 19:28:48 »

Guys, I'll take you up on the offers.....Steve, I would love to have you do the Head Gasket and I'll pay you ! Reggie I really could use that Pentastar, it feels funny driving the car without it.

I've got you covered Thomas. :thumb: You can PM me your address and I'll send you the best one out of the bunch. :p - RR
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." - Christopher Morley 1890-1957, American author and editor

Library format and content © 2007- 2012 Reginald A. Royster, Sr., unless otherwise authored or noted.

moparmuscle88

• Gearhead
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
  • Westminster, MD
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 21:27:21 »

just let me know a weekend when you want to do it and ill give you directions

TomP

• Dippy God
  • Baltimore, Maryland !
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 17:32:49 »

Thanks Guys ! And I already made plans for a Maaco Visit
My fleet :
Pages: [1] |   Go Up