Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Headlights  (Read 1125 times)

Rox86

• Dippy Groupie
  • Southern California
Headlights
« on: February 02, 2015, 00:10:55 »

Looking to replace the stock headlight assembly on my F/A.

I know which headlights I want to install but I have no idea where to get it. The headlights were on Spike's Training Day Fifth Ave. The black projector city lights. I got the picture off your topic thread Spike.

Spike, I really dig those lights on your Fifth. I dug everything you did to your F/A, it's such a sweet ride. I'm thinking they will match up pretty well with the theme I'm going for on my Fifth Ave. Do you happen to have any info on where I could pick up some like them?

Ebay has some black ones but the center is still the glass chrome finish like on any other headlight.

Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 00:12:29 by Rox86 »

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

Malcolm from Canada

• Four Fifths to attend to
  • Dippy God
  • Rural Ontario
  • Coming back from a Lincoln
Re: Headlights
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 19:09:33 »

You lookin' for retina bleaching bright ?

or just that look you showed us there ?

I ask because all you have to do is pick up some Xenons from Rock auto, for dirt cheap and you'll be blinding on-coming traffic on low.

I built a 12 gauge harness that hooked up directly to the battery years back (fused, with relays of course) and it was wicked bright.

Nowadays, with the Xenons and the Denso alternator, I'm afraid to use the harness (no need really).

This 30 year old Fifth Avenue(with those $2.00 Xenons) has just about the brightest lights on the road.....even today.....even compared to Eurotrash imports.

BTW I wired the third relay to keep the low fiiment on, with it's high filiment inside the low beams.....can you say visual purple bleached to blindingly white ?

Malcolm

p.s./
          Did you try J.C.Whitney ?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 19:11:05 by Malcolm from Canada »
Had a 360/727/ 8 1/4" Suregripped 87' Fifth Avenue and many M and J-bodies over the years.

Malcolm from Canada

• Dippy God
  • Rural Ontario
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 19:30:42 »

Here's a link for you to try Rox86

http://www.headlightsuperstore.com/4x6-rectangle-h4651/

Sixlitre
Had a 360/727/ 8 1/4" Suregripped 87' Fifth Avenue and many M and J-bodies over the years.

79dodge4ever

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Oracle
  • windsor NS Canada
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 20:05:48 »

before you buy projection style headlights, remember just because they make them doesn't make the legal to have installed

actually canada wide all headlights have to be factory style, if it came with projector headlights of course its allowed, just saying you may wanna check up on your state's law before johnny law hunts you down and gives you a ticket
When told the reason for daylight savings time an old Indian said, “only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket”

Ice Cold

• Dippy Oracle
  • Frozen Wastelands, Canada
  • Mopar or No Car
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 20:33:31 »

I went back to oil carriage lamps.
Saves the alternator and they always work, even with a dead battery.
1988 Fifth Ave
1987 Diplomat
1989 Diplomat AHB
1979 Lebaron Medallion 4dr
1979 Lebaron Coupe
1977 Aspen R/T
All drivers.
Too many cars and still looking.

80 Lebaron Coupe

• 5 M Coupes
  • Honored Member
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Diplomaniac Drive, East Texas.
  • Lebaron Coupe. Muscle with a touch of Class.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 20:58:18 »

I went back to oil carriage lamps.
Saves the alternator and they always work, even with a dead battery.
:D
5 1980 & 81 M Coupes
88 Dodge Diplomat AHB
80 Plymouth Volare Duster
80 & 2-83 Dodge Miradas

Malcolm from Canada

• Dippy God
  • Rural Ontario
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 18:09:06 »

before you buy projection style headlights, remember just because they make them doesn't make the legal to have installed

actually canada wide all headlights have to be factory style, if it came with projector headlights of course its allowed, just saying you may wanna check up on your state's law before johnny law hunts you down and gives you a ticket

Didn't know that 79'

I'm not really interested in spending the cash, when my $2.46 RockAuto Xenon sealed beams already have on-coming driver's swerving (as their visual purple is bleached out of their eyes) for mercy.

All I have to do, if I wanted brighter, would be to re-install that 12 gauge harness, with the extra, third, relay that keeps the low beams "low" filiment on, when the highs are actuated.

I'm quite sure, with the 120 amp Denso, it would be too intense.

Malcolm

DobaMark

• Dippy Oracle
  • Pittsburgh
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 18:25:25 »

Many of these lights don't have DOT markings on them making them illegal in the US, no idea about Canada. You might never get caught but all it takes is one cop or inspector and its ticket time.

I think they will crack down on the excessively blue fake HID lights soon.

Malcolm from Canada

• Dippy God
  • Rural Ontario
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 18:34:21 »

Many of these lights don't have DOT markings on them making them illegal in the US, no idea about Canada. You might never get caught but all it takes is one cop or inspector and its ticket time.

I think they will crack down on the excessively blue fake HID lights soon.

Mark

I'm going out to check for that marking on my Xenons in the morning ! (you got me worried)

Pretty sure Wagners will have em' though. I had those fake blue twist ins, in my 90 Lincoln. They were white for the first year or three, then they blued out on me, as predicted.

At the moment, there'd be nuthin' a cop could do up here. I've had my mechanic buddy aim em' twice and theyz dead on.......just blinding (toothless grin).

I love it when they flash me. I'll let em' do it twice, sometimes three times (so they're getting closer), then when they do it one more time I'll hit the highs and watch their car swerve as their visual purple bleaches right out of their retinas !

You've heard about him, but....I am.....that prick !

Malcolm

p.s./
        The Chryslers are good, but that Bronco ......Friends who've been out at night with me describe it as the second coming or close encounters of the third kind. I can see into each ditch 300 feet out, never mind 11 telephone poles down the road
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 18:36:14 by Malcolm from Canada »
Pages: [1] |   Go Up