Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: M body K-member  (Read 1458 times)

CosmicJive

• Dippy Groupie
  • Western Massachusetts
WTB: M body K-member
« on: November 06, 2020, 17:41:22 »

Hello I am in the market for a replacement k member (front subframe) for my sagging 5th Ave's.

I am also on the lookout for some solid k frame isolators.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 17:45:54 by CosmicJive »

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
Re: WTB: M body K-member
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 13:45:05 »

You've got me curious. What's going on with yours? Sagging due to rust issues?
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
1979 Power Wagon 150 Short bed Factory 360-4
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7

CosmicJive

• Dippy Groupie
  • Western Massachusetts
Re: WTB: M body K-member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 20:17:15 »

My car has sadly been sitting since around when the pandemic first hit, back in early spring. Some part in the front end finally gave out and I've parked it. Took it to a trusted alignment place, late 2018, and he said it was rusty but the frame is solid. The car has always been straight. But he said the k frame was going and I assume it's related to that. I looked around online and called a couple yards in my area but I have not tried hard enough and a promising lead flaked out on me and it's sadly been on the back burner for a while because I have just not been a well functioning person lately.

Easiest thing of course, is to get rid of it and buy a boring egg car. But I have had this thing for 11 years and last time it was on the road, it was running and driving truly lovely and starting reliably. These are truly ideal classic or near-classic daily drivers and I know this one runs reliably. I had the lean burn delete finally ironed out (which I should have done years ago) and then a few weeks later the front end gives up. So I would hate hate hate to have to actually get rid of it.

Any leads on these parts, seriously, I'd appreciate. There really is no reason that car should be sitting there not being used. It's a trusty old boat and it's sat for longer than this in the past and started right up with old gas.

I want a k member, upper control arms, a linkage kit, and solid k frame isolators. Just want to get it done so I can drive it (and give my parents back their 2nd car, which they've graciously loaned me and I know they could use at times).

And I do actually need a new starter too. I tried to put it to some use and jump my girlfriend's Navigator one time and that seems to have finally killed the original starter.

I live in western Massachusetts and am not afraid to drive and make a day of it if anyone has any of these parts for a fair price. Hell, I'd pound a few Red Bulls and cannonball run as far as Delaware if the deal was right. I have time on my hands at the moment and I'm royally sick of this badass car sitting in my driveway not moving...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 20:33:11 by CosmicJive »
Pages: [1] |   Go Up