Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead horse:Shorty headers  (Read 1793 times)

86plymouthAHB

• On the path...
  • Denton,tx
Dead horse:Shorty headers
« on: July 23, 2020, 23:16:07 »

So I’ve done some google searching and image searching with no luck. I went ahead and bought these headers on EBay... they claim to fit the Diplomat/Gran fury... I’ve eyeballed the engine bay and it will be close... I’ll use a hammer if needed to gain clearance lol, but I’m curious if anyone else has used these!!??

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
Re: Dead horse:Shorty headers
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 13:44:52 »

I have TTI Headers, long tube, fit great. Irrelevant I guess, but nobody has answered you lol.
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
1979 Power Wagon 150 Short bed Factory 360-4
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7

GertrudesFifthAve

• Dippy Groupie
  • Warwick, RI
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 08:15:25 »

I'd like to hear how these two options work out (shorty and long tube).  I am trying to figure out what exhaust to use for my M-body Magnum swap.  I would prefer cast iron into a Canadian Y pipe, but so far, that has been impossible to source.  The stock 86 manifolds should bolt onto the Mag, but I'm not sure what the performance would be like due to the smog ports.
So....  header options are next in line.  What are you going to use for exhaust pipes with the shorty's?
Fred

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 10:44:37 »

When I did a Magnum swap, I considered the factory exhaust manifolds from a '92 Dakota 5.2 Magnum as MP techs told me they were VERY good flowers for a stock manifold. I've read that many times since. I ended up with TTI long tubes. Very expensive but you get what you pay for. The rest is Jegs A body 2.5" exhaust kit, with some slight mods to fit, but nice system.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 15:22:21 by lsm360 »
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
1979 Power Wagon 150 Short bed Factory 360-4
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7

270SE

• The Other F-body (the one that's fast)
  • Dippy Oracle
  • NC
  • Vinyl, woodgrain, and shag- that's an interior
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 11:35:09 »

I have '98 Durango manifolds on the 408 going back to a scratch-built dual exhaust that ends with dual tips on the same side since I have that goofy one year gas tank. The Hooker long tubes I had were pretty good too though without any need to beat them for clearance. I've been deeply spoiled by the ease of maintenance on trucks and Jeeps though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:36:09 by 270SE »

86plymouthAHB

• On the path...
  • Denton,tx
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 15:25:38 »

I'd like to hear how these two options work out (shorty and long tube).  I am trying to figure out what exhaust to use for my M-body Magnum swap.  I would prefer cast iron into a Canadian Y pipe, but so far, that has been impossible to source.  The stock 86 manifolds should bolt onto the Mag, but I'm not sure what the performance would be like due to the smog ports.
So....  header options are next in line.  What are you going to use for exhaust pipes with the shorty's?
Fred

Well I bought the shortys pictured and I’ll have the diplomat up on the lift this weekend so we will see. I also bought the 1/4” Allen plugs for the exhaust thermactor ports or whatever they are called, so I’ll update once I get everything installed if it fits lol...
Pages: [1] |   Go Up