Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Down

Author Topic: '86 police package info  (Read 7988 times)

DobaMark

• Administrator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Pittsburgh
Re: '86 police package info
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 06:16:39 »

Yes, if you change the ignition, you have to change to a non-feedback carb,
Honestly, there's no great need to replace the factory 4bbl intake, it's decent though it outweighs an aluminum one, especially if the replacement carb is a spreadbore like the stock one,

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

8D5 Gran Fury

• Dippy God
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 10:49:35 »

Welcome, Good Brother- these guys know their Mopar, so you are in good hands. If you get down to trying to choose between 2 or 3 cams, give the folks at Lunati or Comps a call. They'll ask you tire size, rear gear, engine size and specs/ what it came in. Of course, they'll ask you what you want to do with the car, too. Then they give you a recommendation for the P/N you'll need. Your '86 should be a hydraulic roller cam...
When luck and good fortune run out, you best have ability and skill on your side...

270SE

• The Other F-body (the one that's fast)
  • Dippy Oracle
  • NC
  • Vinyl, woodgrain, and shag- that's an interior
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 10:52:13 »

Go smaller if you go Voodoo, like the 256 or 250.

moparmuscle88

• Gearhead
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
  • Westminster, MD
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 14:48:13 »

intake, 4bbl, ignition, dual exhaust, and get an 8.25 or 8.75 with some better gears in them, and you'll feel a difference right away. 

even the rearend by itself will make a big difference that you can feel
'88 Fifth Avenue 318 4bbl, cammed, hooker super comps w/ 2.5 duals w/ x pipe, eddy streetmaster single plane, 360 heads, mancini racing alternator kit, HEI ignition, 7.25 sure grip w/ 3.73's A999 (slippin) no a/c no smog, just motor...

brotherGood

• Generationally Challenged
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
  • Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 22:33:00 »

Ok, so I guess im lookin at the mopar electronic ignition conversion kit, a non-feedback carb, an intake, headers, and a voodoo 256 or 260 cam.

first; how do i tell the diff. between a non-feedback carb, and what would probably be a good carb for power and mileage.
second; what kind of intake. I honestly will probably change it, because its lookin kinda ugly right now, and if im gonna have everything around it all shiny, i might as well get a new one. just dont know what kind
third; what kind of headers am i looking at. something cheap and efficient for what im after, but once again..i dont know what exact product im after.
fourth; what is the diff. between the 256, and 260 cam.

'86 Dodge Diplomat AHB. Rebuilt 318 LA/Magnum, cop 904, 8.25 rear.

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 00:07:35 »

Do some searches here on the forum. That'll bring up what kind of headers to get, what intakes are good and everything you want to know about the carb.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 21:23:24 »

Well everyone, thanks for all the help on the motor stuff, but as for now, im having a more important problem. My ac/heat controls were not working right, so i took the wood bezel off and carefully unscrewed the controls from the frame or whatever, and the pieces that the screw went through broke. But then i went to look at the hoses and the connection where the two sets of hoses met, like just fell apart. So now i have the six hoses completely disconnected from the connection peice that sends them to the unit itself..if that makes sense.
anyway, how do i go about getting a new piece and getting the hoses back in.
Thanks

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 00:40:30 »

Do a search for that too. There's a good post floating around with pictures of how to fix it. It could be in the library area too.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 09:01:22 »

Well, I have found what colors go where, but I need a new connector piece. Can I get one of those at autozone or something, or do I have to create my own setup?
Thanks

8D5 Gran Fury

• Dippy God
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 11:39:39 »

Ask around...some folks have a mighty stash of parts, dealers many still have some in stock, et cetera
When luck and good fortune run out, you best have ability and skill on your side...

270SE

• The Other F-body (the one that's fast)
  • Dippy Oracle
  • NC
  • Vinyl, woodgrain, and shag- that's an interior
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 12:09:38 »

fourth; what is the diff. between the 256, and 260 cam.

The 260 has more lift and duration.

Get whatever intake you want. You could run a stock 273 (525cfm limit before a carb spacer or clearancing), stock 340 squarebore (625cfm limit before a carb spacer or clearancing), stock 340/360 spreadbore (with adapter if you want a squarebore carb), Performer/Streetmaster/SP2P (look for one cheap, they are out there), LD4B, LD340, Street Dominator, really whatever you want. Any of those are readily available under $100. You can just get whichever you find cheapest first.

You could also just get a 360 2 barrel intake or one of those adapters and run a bigger, better 2bbl.

Most of the cheap headers work well on these.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 14:31:49 »

ok. Thanks for the help everyone. Now I just gotta figure out my options on everything, and then get the money to act.

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 15:13:17 »

In regards to your HVAC system....same thing has happened to me and many M owners....when I took my control unit off that piece was all dried up and crumbled apart....I was able to find a used one on ebay....if I remember correctly, it was from a different Chrysler vehicle, but I counted the inlets/outlets on the ebay photo, and there were the same number, so I bought it, and it worked....try searching "Chrysler AC", "Dodge AC", etc....you will find one in short time.

Larry
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
1979 Power Wagon 150 Short bed Factory 360-4
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 22:31:28 »

Ok, i went to the ford/chrysler service dept, and they were jerks about it, but said they had them. the hose and connector for 61.35 plus tax. Is that good?, i'll get looking on ebay, and hopefully i can find one on there, cause i really dont want to pay that much if i dont have to.
Thanks

8D5 Gran Fury

• Dippy God
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 08:08:09 »

New OEM piece- try to find on eBay, but if not I'd scour some of the discount/bulk Mopar parts dealers. Ultimately, if they are close in price to what you can find I'd grab it from them because a couple bucks difference is not worth the hassle of the alternative.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Up