Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Yikes  (Read 1049 times)

TomP

• Dippy God
  • Baltimore, Maryland !
Yikes
« on: November 10, 2017, 16:44:29 »

SOOOOO, I know I post rarely these days ( life got busy as , well, you know ), but here's a scary Diplomat story. Our HOA did their semi yearly parking assessment, and ticketed my two Diplomats, both for expired tags. I didn't jump right on it as I figured I had a few weeks before enforcement ( tow Trucks ) would happen, but damned if they dind't get my white Diplomat. The poor car has been sitting for quite some time, but once I realized that they had towed it, I woke up and within two days got my car back, putting it on a private lot until I can make arrangements to get it serviced and running. Seeing that car on the flat bed made me realize how much I love these cars and how much I want to get them back up and running. The white Diplomat (1983) is my old Nassau County ( New York ) Police car and my 88 Diplomat is a Baltimore County Police car. The 88 was spared a tow job after I told the HOA that they got their point accross and the cars woud be parking lot worthy. The two day tow and storage fee was $320., but I know if I had kept the cars in better condition they would not have bothered with them. So, both cars are safe and sound and I think I learned my lesson. Don't mess with the HOA ( Home Owner's Assn) because they always win.  On a lighter side, we tried to start the 88 but she would not turn over. Got her a new battery and used starter fliud, but no luck....Any ideas ?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 16:46:54 by TomP »
My fleet :
1983 Dodge Diplomat AHB - 2 bbl , white in color !
1988 Dodge Diplomat AHB 4 bbl. Grey in color.
Still Have two - Son Has a 88 Gran Fury

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
Re: Yikes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 20:23:04 »

Hey Tom!
That sucks.. HOA is the devil. Luckily we avoid that around here but I would have missed a couple cars I bought if it wasn't for that and someone else's problem with it   No they weren't taken, the guy couldn't get approval to park them to begin with.

On the no turning over do you hear the starter relay under the hood click? They can go bad. I also had the neutral safety switch on my 88 fail and cause no cranking before too.

IronBrick

• Dippy God
  • Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 18:41:28 »

I will never for the life of me understand the insanity that is the HOA. I would have gone through every legal means at my disposal to make sure those clowns don't see a dime and instead pay out for being such *******. I'd rather live in a tent than someplace with a HOA.

80 Lebaron Coupe

• 5 M Coupes
  • Honored Member
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Diplomaniac Drive, East Texas.
  • Lebaron Coupe. Muscle with a touch of Class.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 19:06:31 »

I will never for the life of me understand the insanity that is the HOA. I would have gone through every legal means at my disposal to make sure those clowns don't see a dime and instead pay out for being such *******. I'd rather live in a tent than someplace with a HOA.
X2!!!! :thumb:
5 1980 & 81 M Coupes
88 Dodge Diplomat AHB
80 Plymouth Volare Duster
80 & 2-83 Dodge Miradas

Ice Cold

• Dippy Oracle
  • Frozen Wastelands, Canada
  • Mopar or No Car
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 07:17:51 »

I have the city bylaw cops who sometimes would hassle me, and a crappy neighbor who would call to report them.
We'll see now how it goes now she's gone.

Our bylaw guys are as bad as a HOA.
I'm always at war with them.
1988 Fifth Ave
1987 Diplomat
1989 Diplomat AHB
1979 Lebaron Medallion 4dr
1979 Lebaron Coupe
1977 Aspen R/T
All drivers.
Too many cars and still looking.

MarkM

• Dippy Oracle
  • Michigan
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 08:02:35 »

I'm in an HOA, but we really don't have any issues as I've got one car and it stays in the garage.  We see other houses in our sub that technically violate the rules, but nothing is ever said.  Enforcement really only comes down on the worst.
87' Fifth Avenue - 512/518/8.75 - built for twisties

DobaMark

• Administrator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Pittsburgh
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 10:21:12 »

On a lighter side, we tried to start the 88 but she would not turn over. Got her a new battery and used starter fliud, but no luck....Any ideas ?
When you say it won't turn over - do you mean the starter won't spin the engine (which is what most people mean when car won't turn over? If so, then look at the wiring, starter, neutral safety switch, etc.
If you mean it cranks, but won't start then it's time to see if you are getting spark at the plugs.

TomP

• Dippy God
  • Baltimore, Maryland !
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 12:48:24 »

I tried  with starter fluid and it sounded lke it wanted to start, as it would try but sounded like it wasn't getting any fuel. I have some ideas but lots going on so I have to wait a few days. I'll let  you know how it goes and thanks !
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:49:29 by TomP »
My fleet :
1983 Dodge Diplomat AHB - 2 bbl , white in color !
1988 Dodge Diplomat AHB 4 bbl. Grey in color.
Still Have two - Son Has a 88 Gran Fury
Pages: [1] |   Go Up