Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential New Project - '63 Chrysler New Yorker  (Read 2740 times)

pinstriper38

• Dippy Die-Hard
Potential New Project - '63 Chrysler New Yorker
« on: January 29, 2008, 00:03:44 »

So the other day I was killing time on eBay. It started off simple enough, I was looking at Diplomat stuff. You know how just underneath the search bar they have the "related searches" links? Well...one thing led to another and I was looking at New Yorkers... Low and behold there's an auction in my hometown. The auction had 2 cars, one was a '64 Newport that had a 361 and it had been restored with less than 10,000 miles on it, but it was wrecked and needs a new front clip, possibly (sub)frame repair :( . The other car, the '63 New Yorker, is in straight shape and has about 100,000 on it. It's a 4-door with the 413 :w00t:. The only catch is the front end needs to be put back together. He had intended to restore it but never did. His reserve for the two cars was $1400, but it never reached that :blink:. I asked his # and set up a time tomorrow so I can go look at them. Unfortunately, he really wants to get rid of both cars at the same time, but I dont have room for 2 other cars, nor the $$ for them. Apparently, he has to sell them before Feb. 29th because he sold the houses they reside at, maybe I'll be able to use that as a "bargaining tool" lol. I was really hoping to snag the New Yorker though, I've always admired that body style but never thought I'd come across one for the right price in the near future. The 413's were pretty sweet for their time, somewhere in the ballpark of 350hp/425tq stock :w00t: My real problem is convincing the parental units where I'm gonna put it  :blink: Our 2-car garage already has a project on one side, the other's my mom's side, and my dad and I park outside..heheh  :whist: Wish me luck!

BTW - They looke like this: (scroll down)  http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.trombinoscar.com/chrysler/cl630402.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.trombinoscar.com/chrysler/cl6304.html&h=305&w=583&sz=34&hl=en&start=14&tbnid=NxxUg8vbJGONJM:&tbnh=70&tbnw=134&prev=/images%3Fq%3D1963%2Bchrysler%2Bnew%2Byorker%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 00:11:16 by pinstriper38 »

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

MyDodgeDip

• Dippy Oracle
  • Somerville, NJ
Re: Potential New Project - '63 Chrysler New Yorker
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:20:23 »

they're neat looking cars, I had a chance at a 64 300 but it was hammered pretty bad.
~Luke
1978 Chrysler Lebaron Coupe, 360-4, Sunroof
+ A Fleet of K cars...

1984diplomat

• Dippy God
  • Wheeling WV
  • Rust-Belt Warrior (Crap)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 09:29:14 »

Mopar at its finest, almost
Yes I know my spelling sucks.

spike

• StreeT SweepaZ
  • Dippy Oracle
  • sticks of wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:43 »

SSAAAWEEET!!! i wouldnt mind having one of those. itd make a badass lowrider :D

Ice Cold

• Dippy Oracle
  • Frozen Wastelands, Canada
  • Mopar or No Car
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:51:40 »

Go for it. :driving:
1988 Fifth Ave
1987 Diplomat
1989 Diplomat AHB
1979 Lebaron Medallion 4dr
1979 Lebaron Coupe
1977 Aspen R/T
All drivers.
Too many cars and still looking.

pinstriper38

• Dippy Die-Hard
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 20:17:59 »

These cars are alot bigger than pictures tell. I'd say theres about twice as much leg-room in the back as a Diplomat :blink:
The guy really wants to sell both, but I don't have room right now. But having both cars would make it easy to make 1 really nice one. The white '63 is a lot rougher than I thought. The interior is pretty much shot and the ashtray was still full when I looked at it. I think they've been sitting 8 years :blink: Much more rust & bent trim than anticipated.

On the other hand the green '64 is much nicer than I thought. The interior is in great shape, the body has little rust, and the intrior isn't so rank :x. Its got a basically new engine, trans, and driveshaft. Both cars appear to have 8 3/4 rears too. He went down in price before I even asked, so I'm hoping to get them for $1000. But I have to ask around for places to store them :( or nothing's gonna happen.

MoparDan

• M addict since '06
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Daytona Beach, FL
  • Rock On!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 22:08:49 »

Amazing how much bigger cars were :biggrin:
The driver of a 1985 Plymouth Gran Fury Salon called The Cherry Bomb
"Paint it red"-Sammy Hagar
"Its like a carburetor instigator"-Quiet Riot
"I need a shot of gasoline"-Cinderella

pinstriper38

• Dippy Die-Hard
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 16:11:26 »

Sweetness! We haven't worked out a specific deal but he says they're mine when I want to come and get them. I'm gonna get both, and I finally found a place where I can keep 'em, which is great! I can't wait for winter to end, lmao  :biggrin:

mopardwh

• Dippy God
  • Evansville, IN
Doug

pinstriper38

• Dippy Die-Hard
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 20:03:05 »

Niiice....considering the paint and body the chrome is REALLY nice. I love the duck-tape drivers seat  :D

Dippy Doug Da Wagon Guy

• Dippy God
  • "you inadvertantly snooze, you unequivocally lose"
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 08:51:49 »

What are the odds? I used to own a '63 New Yawka..I gave it to my nephew as a reward for improving his grades.
These cars are TANKS.
One thing, if the windshield is damaged, pass on it..you can buy a running Diplomat for less than the price of that chunk o' glass..

pinstriper38

• Dippy Die-Hard
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 20:36:42 »

Lol, I hear you. All glass was a-ok. Unfortunately, Idk if I can afford the cars now, cause my Diplomat just took a dump on me. So then I'll basically have 3 junk cars that don't run  :rant: I'm sooo freaking p.o.'d at my Dip right now....
Pages: [1] |   Go Up