Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: new radiator  (Read 816 times)

kapspi

• Dippy Regular
new radiator
« on: June 08, 2009, 19:22:44 »

I put in a new Ram Charger 360 radiator, as recommended in the library since mine was kaput. Got a Mexican made three row from the local independent. It has metal tanks with an aluminum core. Incidently, their computer only had new radiators available for the Ram Charger, none for the Dip or Ram pickup, although the part number was the right one for the pickup. Interestingly, the nipple for the overfill faces the opposite direction (ie towards the battery). Operating temperature now is only one notch up from "C" (instead of the halfway point), and the car runs really well. I've noticed in the ten years that I've been driving the car, that it seems to run a little better in winter (once it is warmed up), so I'm not surprised it likes the bigger radiator.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

moparmuscle88

• Gearhead
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
  • Westminster, MD
Re: new radiator
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 20:52:18 »

i did that swap a while ago, and it does really lower the average temp, plus its really easy
'88 Fifth Avenue 318 4bbl, cammed, hooker super comps w/ 2.5 duals w/ x pipe, eddy streetmaster single plane, 360 heads, mancini racing alternator kit, HEI ignition, 7.25 sure grip w/ 3.73's A999 (slippin) no a/c no smog, just motor...
Pages: [1] |   Go Up