Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 |   Go Down

Author Topic: brotherGood  (Read 26092 times)

cbodymoparfan

• The Monster- It's ALIVE!
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Connecticut
  • CopCar Fanatic-Saving them for the Next Generation
Re: brotherGood
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2013, 13:14:05 »

Yep..we took them off when the control arm broke and just never got around to putting them back on. But, when I was going through the shed, I grabbed them, cleaned them, and painted them. I put them back on while the heads were off..they look better, but still not right in that engine bay  :-
Why? What color? I used a silver and they looked pretty good.
1984 Gran Diplomat AHB - E. HTFD P.D.
1989 Dodge Dippy- former Tenn.H.P.
1973 Ply Fury I CSP Clone

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

brotherGood

• Generationally Challenged
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
  • Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2013, 14:30:13 »

I dont remember what the color is off the top of my head.  Color wise, it looks good.. just doesn't look right being in such a dirty engine bay
'86 Dodge Diplomat AHB. Rebuilt 318 LA/Magnum, cop 904, 8.25 rear.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 06:59:09 »

Well,  in about 2 weeks, I will  have owned this car for 4 years.  Here's where it sits now...

And here's where it started..

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2014, 21:12:48 »

Might as well treat this as a build thread finally, now that I've got it back as a toy, and not a DD.

After half the year at the shop, waiting for work that never got done, we went and rescued it a couple weeks ago. It still has no back brakes, the carb/choke still doesn't work, and it got a flat tire while sitting up there. Took the tire off and sent it to a local tire shop to get plugged for the time being, and while that was away, we changed the prop. valve. Dad thought that was the problem, but we soon found out, that's not the case. So, next on the list to do is install new lines from the valve back, rejet the carb back to stock settings (Im thinking that may be the issue), and find some tires.

Heres how it sits now. Not doing much, but at least its home. Time to get crap done.

Darth-Car

• Dippy Oracle
  • Ohio
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2014, 17:48:40 »

It looks so close. :pound:   You must press on!
Until The Next Dimension,
The Admiral
Dayton, Ohio, USA

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2014, 21:40:22 »

Yeah..I know. I was hoping to get it running to cruise for labor day..but with the list of things needed to do just for that..I'm not going to worry about it. Works been crazy this week, and I don't wanna rejet the carb, run brake lines, and find a new tire, just so I can wash it up and drive it for a couple weeks. I'll just take my time, and when it's ready, it's ready. Whether that be before I need new tags, that's the issue.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2014, 21:12:26 »

Got a little done this weekend. I changed the battery connectors, fixed a linkage issue, and started to redo the lines. I started disconnecting everything at the back, and realized that I was getting fluid back there..which tells me that my new brake hose is bad already. So, a new one will be in this week, and hopefully that'll be it for the brakes.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2014, 18:25:37 »

Alright, the new brake hose is in the garage, just gotta install it. Dad swears up and down all the sudden that the carb is just gummed up, and thats our problem. I may go ahead and order the right jets/rods for it though. Lately, or doesn't take as long to warm up..or at least maintain idle in its own, but I do have to start it with starting fluid.

Ive also gotta get a battery for it, but whatever. When the tags expire, I'm going to just let them go..and do bodywork and stuff. I'll get new tags when I go to drive it.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2016, 19:24:15 »

Man..I haven't updated this in a while. Since last update, I've put a new battery in the car, put the new summit carb on it, and really that's about it. Planned on doing bodywork this past winter, but with life getting in the way, it's not been touched. But, I did manage to get it out today and snap a couple pics before work.

Darth-Car

• Dippy Oracle
  • Ohio
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2016, 18:57:38 »

Now you just need to enjoy driving it!
Until The Next Dimension,
The Admiral
Dayton, Ohio, USA

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2020, 05:35:38 »

Man..its been a while since I updated this.

Since last post, this car has received a rear iso delete, upgraded to 3.55 SG, has an all custom dash, grant Tuff wheel, headers, and Summit magnaflows. Got the thing close to ready for Hot Rod Power Tour this summer, then Covid hit. When the Power Tour was canceled, it put the final nail in the coffin with this thing.

Just sold it to my Dad so it could get driven and worked on (60hrs/we plus a nearly 3 year old kinda take up any extra time and money) so we'll see what's happen to it.

https://youtu.be/8AiOcmbiocw
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 05:38:38 by brotherGood »

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2021, 20:30:24 »

Those who have found me on other forms of social media are somewhat up to date, but here's a quick synopsis.

Sold the Dodge to Dad, had full intentions of knocking out a bunch of things that'd been pushed aside over the years. Got about half of em done and ended up finding a 69 442 that I couldn't pass up. Original numbers car, 1 of less than 2500 built, only 31k on the click, and has been in a barn since '08.

Been working on it pretty much any chance I get, trying to get everything replaced and ready to roll after being left to rot. As of now, all were still waiting on is the engine/trans, and a couple little things.

That being said, it's looking like I'm gonna need to find a storage option as I may be ending up with my old AHB back. Dad "bought" it from me (hasn't paid for it) and has let it sit in the yard ever since. He only recently told me he doesn't have time nor desire for it, just bought it thinking I'd change my mind. I tried to sell it a few weeks ago, but as anticipated the market is extremely slim since it is pretty much built for summer cruising and the track.

If I end up with it back, cool. If not, I'll still loiter I'm sure.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2021, 09:39:20 »

Well, looks like I managed to get Dad at least somewhat back interested in this...

Replaced the spring shims yesterday and 90% of the driveline shake is gone. It still has a little bit of a shimmy, but as we were talking it made me realize we never replaced motor mounts. Once the Olds is drivable, I may have him bring the Dip over and we may stick new mounts in there. I know it needs lifters and pushrods anyway (maybe new cam?) and we've got to figure out why it won't run until it's plenty warmed up. It was nice seeing it on the road though for sure.

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2022, 13:33:36 »

Been a while since I've updated this, so here we go:

**On the Olds**
FINALLY got the engine back a couple weeks ago. The original block is .040" over, has 2 sleeves, but was saved. Heads also needed a fair amount of work, but they're good now too. Being the Olds 400 G blocks are not well liked, we actually went with SBM pistons/rings for it. The rods were reconditioned, and the wrist pin hole on the rod was bored out to fit the Mopar style pin (floating .984 vs pressed .980 IIRC). Picked up a custom Erson cam for it, and am just waiting on the assembly shop to call saying they're ready for it. They're going to assemble and dyno. I sent the original distributor off to be restored/recurved for the setup, Coan is building a converter for it, I need to make sure the intake/exhaust manifolds can be saved, and am hoping the Qjet that came with it can be reused/restored as well. I'm trying hard to get this as original as I can, aside from big cam/high converter.

The transmission was rebuilt in the fall, with a Transgo shift kit installed. He said about 80% of the internals were junk due to being stored outside with the dipstick out for who knows how long. The rear end wasn't in bad shape, but I went ahead and sent it off to JD Race to have it restored/add a posi unit as well. Just finished installing it, along with poly bushings out back, and putting the new wheels and tires on.

At this point, aside from the engine, I am going to put new bushings/springs in the front end, have the new fuel lines installed (I'm not set up to lift the body) and hopefully get to tearing the heater box out to make sure there are no dead mice in there (carcass count is up to 7 I believe). My hope is to have it back on the road by Memorial Day. It'll be a lot of work, but we're close.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 13:34:31 by brotherGood »

brotherGood

• Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2022, 13:38:58 »

**On the AHB**

Not much happening as of yet, but Dad is getting the itch now that the Olds is nearing readiness. It needs lifters, he's thinking he may have a 5.9 mag available soon. I keep trying to push him in the direction of a JY 5.7, and it get cammed. The rear end could handle it, he's going to have the trans gone through anyway, the only major concern is brakes. He does also want to put the interior back together (I went a bridge too far) so we may be looking for parts her3 soon. Provided its not down and out, I'd like to run the 2 at some point this summer..if anything just for the heck of it.

We did put the OE style booster in, he said he thinks it helped the brakes, although it was running like crap anyway (unrelated). He knows he's not dedicated time to it that it needs, but is hoping that changes here soon.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 |   Go Up