Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Bell housing/flywheel/flexplate  (Read 2667 times)

270SE

• The Other F-body (the one that's fast)
  • Dippy Oracle
  • NC
  • Vinyl, woodgrain, and shag- that's an interior
Re: Bell housing/flywheel/flexplate
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 01:25:01 »

If the engine has the oil filter adapter plate already installed, you're good to go.  Otherwise DO NOT use the older LA oil filter adapter on the Magnum or it will leak oil everywhere when you fire it up.  Chrysler changed the blocks around 1991, and the older oil filter hardware won't bolt up properly to your Magnum . - RR

So was this done on '92 V6/318 Magnums and 92 360 TBIs?

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 03:06:00 »

If you get balanced torque converter the same time as the transmission they should be able to sell you the right one for what you are using it for without having to use the special flex plate Reggie posted. Either way will balance it off right, I never used the B&M flexplate because it was just cheaper and easier to deal with the weighted torque converter.

I never knew that about the oil filter adapter. Interesting.

Reggie

• Gran Fifthlomat Meister
  • Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Maryland - DMV Area
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 14:40:41 »

If the engine has the oil filter adapter plate already installed, you're good to go.  Otherwise DO NOT use the older LA oil filter adapter on the Magnum or it will leak oil everywhere when you fire it up.  Chrysler changed the blocks around 1991, and the older oil filter hardware won't bolt up properly to your Magnum . - RR

So was this done on '92 V6/318 Magnums and 92 360 TBIs?

Yep.  The change occurred for 1991, so all 1991 and newer blocks were affected.  - RR
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." - Christopher Morley 1890-1957, American author and editor

Library format and content © 2007- 2012 Reginald A. Royster, Sr., unless otherwise authored or noted.

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 21:24:19 »

Ok, I ordered the TCI 727 trans, torque converter, and new speedo gear. I went ahead and ordered fluid from them to, along with an additional filter and pan gasket for a 500 mile change of fluid as recommended. Spent $1600....good stuff is expensive!
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
1979 Power Wagon 150 Short bed Factory 360-4
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 00:10:52 »

You can use the original speedo gear. Make sure the one you ordered matches the kind of cable you have or plan on using. If you still have the original cable the gear with the stick that seems to be the most common kind to find won't work.

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 15:19:48 »

You can use the original speedo gear. Make sure the one you ordered matches the kind of cable you have or plan on using. If you still have the original cable the gear with the stick that seems to be the most common kind to find won't work.
Well, I already ordered it. Figured even if the old one worked I would put a new one in now anyway. Might have to send that back.

Thanks.

larry
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7

mopar 318

• Dippy Die-Hard
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 19:12:19 »

This might be a little late for you, but i would buy the flex plate from mopar that allows the use of fuel injection, just in case you get creative in the future. 

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 19:32:44 »

This might be a little late for you, but i would buy the flex plate from mopar that allows the use of fuel injection, just in case you get creative in the future. 
I appreciate the thought but I already did order the flex plate. I am going to be so broke after this anyway, it would be a real long time before I could even think of going to FI.

Thanks.
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up