Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: 1986 Fifth  (Read 1669 times)

GertrudesFifthAve

• Dippy Groupie
  • Warwick, RI
FS: 1986 Fifth
« on: September 26, 2018, 17:42:20 »

Hi Everyone -I am considering selling Gertrude's Fifth to free up some space.  Blue on Blue Leather, 95K, Cop Car sway bars front and rear, new five leaf springs.  Everything else original and stock. Very presentable car, paint shines, very solid rust free body, spare never down, interior super clean.  I am the second owner (Gertrude was the first owner).  I have owned it for 7 years - always garage kept.  Only majors are a droopy headliner and AC doesn't work.  PM me if you are interested in chatting! -Fred

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

GertrudesFifthAve

• Dippy Groupie
  • Warwick, RI
Re: FS: 1986 Fifth
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 06:53:47 »

Hi Everyone in Dippy world!
As most of you know, I have been on the fence about selling my Fifth for a while - but I think I am leaning that way.  The car is in great condition - no rust or rot and mostly original.  Paint still shines up really well.  I have big plans for this car and intend to bring up the technology/HP/driveability a bit but still maintain a stock feel and appearance.  It just doesn't seem that I will ever get to starting and completing the project with everything else I have to work on!
My plan was to install a 2002 MPFI 318/46RE/8.25 rear with 3.73 gears.  I have a 60K mile engine and trans that I pulled from a rusted out van.  I have a sorted out the wiring harness that will run the engine and trans as a stand alone system.  I also have the 8.25 that is all ready to go (bought from a FMJ body member) so I have all of the heavy parts to complete this project including the wiring harness.  Currently the Fifth is in tact and running well with the original eng/trans/rear.  I would be looking to sell the car and new drive train as a package for 6500. Located in RI
Pages: [1] |   Go Up