Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Hellcrate  (Read 429 times)

MarkM

• Dippy Oracle
  • Michigan
Re: Hellcrate
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 08:32:58 »

A '76 Duster for example really is not considered collectable. And as I mentioned above, if you like the look of it, and want the technology of a newer engine and with the awesome power yet reasonable fuel mileage, drivability, smooth idle, easy starts regardless of weather, etc., it might make more sense than building an engine to match this power (that would destroy the collectability that may have been there anyhow by removing or heavily modifying the original engine). We are talking heavily modifying an engine versus dropping in a crate. Both destroy original factor of car.

But more than anything, we have to remember: "To each his own".

Spot on Larry. Just because it's old and numbers matching doesn't mean it has a high value.  Besides, the world would be a much less interesting place if we were all purists.
87' Fifth Avenue - 512/518/8.75 - built for twisties

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 11:15:21 »

Thank you Mark.....great minds. :biggrin:
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
1979 Power Wagon 150 Short bed Factory 360-4

McTaggart

• Resident Delinquent
  • Dippy Regular
  • Kentucky
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 20:58:58 »

Be honest: a 1975 Plymouth Road Runner packing 707 horsepower isn't going to bother collectors AND is going to be an effing riot. But my thoughts, after seeing the Hellcrate deal in person:

Why wouldn't you just get one of Cleveland Power and Performance's full pallet kits for just a couple of thousand less? You get everything, including the fuel tank and the gauges from the dead car, and they've been selling them for about $15K.
The former Remy-Z.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

MarkM

• Dippy Oracle
  • Michigan
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 08:00:03 »

Be honest: a 1975 Plymouth Road Runner packing 707 horsepower isn't going to bother collectors AND is going to be an effing riot. But my thoughts, after seeing the Hellcrate deal in person:

Why wouldn't you just get one of Cleveland Power and Performance's full pallet kits for just a couple of thousand less? You get everything, including the fuel tank and the gauges from the dead car, and they've been selling them for about $15K.

Hey, welcome back Remy!  Been a long time.
87' Fifth Avenue - 512/518/8.75 - built for twisties

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up