Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing all 4 headlights??  (Read 153 times)

Brokennose

• Dippy Newbie
Syncing all 4 headlights??
« on: January 05, 2018, 20:46:14 »

So new years eve my driver side low beam died on me. Decided to try an replace the sealed units with some LEDs..

https://www.carid.com/1988-dodge-diplomat-headlights/lumen-4x6-rectangular-led-headlights-547435703.html

Going to add some relays, and am considering trying to get all 4 in sync so the low/high beams fire on all 4. Has anyone done this, that might aid me in wiring this up?

Derekb

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Junkie
  • ga
Re: Syncing all 4 headlights??
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 00:28:21 »

Your better off not making all 4 light on low that is a quick way to get a ticket looks like to the cops your running on high beams

spike

• StreeT SweepaZ
  • Dippy Oracle
  • sticks of wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 01:35:40 »

Just did this on my limo as I was working on a old pete at work that had all 4 wired up, just go to napa and get a pair of headlight sockets, cut you high beam plug off, wire the two vertical wires the same as before, and splice the horizontal wire into the horizontal wire on the lowbeam. The headlight plugs from napa are a whole $2.50 each

fifthave

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Groupie
  • Methuen, MA
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 20:02:10 »

I prefer the factory GE sealed beams. Lots of cars around here have the Xenon conversion and they are always blinding.
1955 Plymouth Belvedere 241 V8                             1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Plow Truck
1986 Chrysler Fifth Ave (Magnum 318)                     1999 Nissan Altima (Winter car)
1987 Chrysler Fifth Ave (37,000 miles)                     2008 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD 
1993 Dodge Ram Van 250 (250,000 miles)             Wish List: Aspen/Volare wagon

Derekb

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Junkie
  • ga
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 20:42:09 »

I prefer the factory GE sealed beams. Lots of cars around here have the Xenon conversion and they are always blinding.
It's not the hid's that make it to bright it's the people that put them in old headlight housings that have become cloudy it defuse the light and make for one bright spot

AlainB

• Dippy Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 21:57:40 »

It's not the hid's that make it to bright it's the people that put them in old headlight housings that have become cloudy it defuse the light and make for one bright spot

blinding is mostly because the focal point of a HID bulb is not at the same space as a halogen , the focus of the light will never be right and most conversion also don't install a projector lens too

IronBrick

• Dippy God
  • Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 17:39:23 »

Don't get the LED lights. They're a garbage beam pattern that won't actually make you see any better and will definitely blind people.

This is what you want: http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/products/auxiliary-lamps/sealed-beam-conversion-headlamps/4-x6-rectangular-conversion-headlamps/

Derekb

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Junkie
  • ga
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 23:04:48 »

I agree with Iron Brick smd led have a beam pattern of 120 degrees may be ok for low beams but will suck on high
Pages: [1] |   Go Up