Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: 2017 - Woodward and Windsor cruise week/week-ends!  (Read 1490 times)

M_Body_Coupe

• Dippy God
  • Windsor, ON, Canada
  • aka Diplomat360
2017 - Woodward and Windsor cruise week/week-ends!
« on: August 11, 2017, 16:55:14 »

So we're one week away from the crazy (and sometime suffocating and boring and annoying and...) Woodward Cruise!!!

...But...in addition to that American show the Canucks have decided to carry on with last year's event, which is the Ouellette Cruise (http://cruisinouellette.ca/)

So...what does this mean? Well, I am happy to host the Windsor stop for any other Canadians that are planning on making it here. I will be attending both, certianly the Windsor event was great last year, you actually got to cruise the streets. This year's event is bigger, traffic flowing both ways and reserved for the cruising cars, which means more driving, less sitting in traffic and overall more fun!

OK, what else? I for one am hoping to catch Mark and check out that MONSTER ride of his...are you going to be there? I am also thinking of making it to the official street Drags that are hosted during the Woodward show...

Is anyone else planning (MI, OH, IL guys?) on making it to the cruise?

I've attached the details of the Windsor Ouellette Cruise to make it quick, but of course you can get all that and more from the link I included above.
1980 Dodge Diplomat Coupe, 360-4bbl, 727, 3.91 SG motivated sleeper!
1981 Dodge Diplomat Coupe, /6 38K mi. survivor car, awaiting restoration.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

fivesuns

• Dippy Die-Hard
  • Northeast Mississippi
Re: 2017 - Woodward and Windsor cruise week/week-ends!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:55:49 »

I really like living in the South, but sometimes, just sometimes, I would like to go catch these cruises.  I have been to Detroit and I have been to Windsor, timing has just not been right.  Woodward Cruise is on my bucket list.
1988 Diplomat AHB - occasional driver
1997 Dodge Ram SST- wore out and now a parts truck
1997 4X4 Dodge ram Sport

Ice Cold

• Dippy Oracle
  • Frozen Wastelands, Canada
  • Mopar or No Car
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 20:22:56 »

Detroit? :blink: :o :blink:
Only can cruise the 8 blocks of hipster coffee shops and bistros before you get to war zone.
1988 Fifth Ave
1987 Diplomat
1989 Diplomat AHB
1979 Lebaron Medallion 4dr
1979 Lebaron Coupe
1977 Aspen R/T
All drivers.
Too many cars and still looking.

M_Body_Coupe

• Dippy God
  • Windsor, ON, Canada
  • aka Diplomat360
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:33:55 »

FIVESUNS: Got it...well, look me up if you do decide to make it up here one of these days!

ICE: I'm not saying we "have to" do Detroit...I will, but it sure would be cool to see a bunch of Ms running around in the Windsor cruise...and believe me, I think that one is actualy way more fun than Woodward...

Ice Cold

• Dippy Oracle
  • Frozen Wastelands, Canada
  • Mopar or No Car
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:21 »

I only have a six cylinder, so not enough HP for a quick getaway. :D
1988 Fifth Ave
1987 Diplomat
1989 Diplomat AHB
1979 Lebaron Medallion 4dr
1979 Lebaron Coupe
1977 Aspen R/T
All drivers.
Too many cars and still looking.

MarkM

• Dippy Oracle
  • Michigan
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 15:10:26 »

I really like living in the South, but sometimes, just sometimes, I would like to go catch these cruises.  I have been to Detroit and I have been to Windsor, timing has just not been right.  Woodward Cruise is on my bucket list.

Trade you.
87' Fifth Avenue - 512/518/8.75 - built for twisties

MarkM

• Dippy Oracle
  • Michigan
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 15:14:13 »

I'll be out on Woodward for most of the week Dariusz.  Give me a call if you want to meet up day of or we can even do sooner in the week.  I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off.

M_Body_Coupe

• Dippy God
  • Windsor, ON, Canada
  • aka Diplomat360
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 16:54:54 »

Hey Mark!

I'll be out on Woodward for most of the week Dariusz.  Give me a call if you want to meet up day of or we can even do sooner in the week.  I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off.

Sounds like a plan...I am off the full week (more to that story) so pick a week day and we'll meet up. I will call you tomorrow to set something up.

How the heck is the non week-end cruising anyways? I think a couple of years ago I may have briefly visited on a Thursday sometime, but it was late in the night and Woodward just had a bunch of non-traffic/blocked-off areas instead...

MarkM

• Dippy Oracle
  • Michigan
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 20:39:20 »

Hey Mark!

Sounds like a plan...I am off the full week (more to that story) so pick a week day and we'll meet up. I will call you tomorrow to set something up.

How the heck is the non week-end cruising anyways? I think a couple of years ago I may have briefly visited on a Thursday sometime, but it was late in the night and Woodward just had a bunch of non-traffic/blocked-off areas instead...
Hey Mark!

It's really great.  The guys from Moparts are meeting at the Donut Cutter Wednesday night.  If you can make it get there early.  Parking goes quick.

Pages: [1] |   Go Up