Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: A Body Exhaust Systems  (Read 589 times)

dermohar

• Dippy Junkie
A Body Exhaust Systems
« on: March 06, 2014, 23:20:30 »

I know that A bodies are not a topic for our forum but was wondering if any of us M body fans have a knowledge of A body cars?  I have not joined one of those "A" Mopar groups yet.

I have to replace the exhaust system on my slant six, 1964 Valiant (Canadian 111inch wheelbase).  Will a system from a '72 fit without too much fiddling as I can get one of those for a good price.  The Canadian '64 Valiant is the same as a 1964 US Dodge Dart but with a Valiant front end on it.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

79dodge4ever

• Honored Member
  • Dippy Oracle
  • windsor NS Canada
Re: A Body Exhaust Systems
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:41:50 »

1966+ is pretty well the same exhaust, 1964 maybe a little shorter so it may require triming
When told the reason for daylight savings time an old Indian said, “only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket”

Malcolm from Canada

• Four Fifths to attend to
  • Dippy God
  • Rural Ontario
  • Coming back from a Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 21:15:38 »

X2 what 79 said

Had a catted 81 J bodied Cordoba with a /6 and the exhaust was holier than a tramps socks. We had no testing back in the 80s here so I just ordered up a front pipe for a 78 Caravalle, which in Canada never came with cats. Pure bolt in and $19.00 if memory serves.

I know it's unbelievable if you're coming from a Ford, but some parts from 20-30 years before still fit the newer bodies. Heck the Chrysler section of the Walker catalog used to be paradise for those of us wanting to retrofit to cat-free. They even used to offer oversized Y-pipes. I bought a 75' B-body off a mechanic buddy and he'd ordered an oversized Y-pipe and installed it. MASSIVE ! It fitted a 2 1/2" muffler, but "necked down" to the 2 1/2" muffler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was sewer pipe sized and could sweep the road shoulder when you tipped in the secondaries.

Malcolm
Had a 360/727/ 8 1/4" Suregripped 87' Fifth Avenue and many M and J-bodies over the years.

270SE

• The Other F-body (the one that's fast)
  • Dippy Oracle
  • NC
  • Vinyl, woodgrain, and shag- that's an interior
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 21:47:23 »

I know that A bodies are not a topic for our forum but was wondering if any of us M body fans have a knowledge of A body cars?  I have not joined one of those "A" Mopar groups yet.

I have to replace the exhaust system on my slant six, 1964 Valiant (Canadian 111inch wheelbase).  Will a system from a '72 fit without too much fiddling as I can get one of those for a good price.  The Canadian '64 Valiant is the same as a 1964 US Dodge Dart but with a Valiant front end on it.
I think the only parts of the exhaust that really changed much were the high performance 4bbl V8 exhausts- pretty sure the rests were largely the same '64-'76.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up