Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Spring Confusion...  (Read 1702 times)

pinstriper38

• Dippy Die-Hard
Leaf Spring Confusion...
« on: January 16, 2008, 14:57:18 »

So...I'm a little confused on the whole leaf springs thing. I intend to get new leaf springs on my Dip when I swap out the rear end because, well, they're bent in an "s" shape they're so bad. The rear end sags like a lowrider :( . I'm looking for a little bit more firm ride but not too harsh. What springs would be the best replacement? Where can I get them? I hear about Dakota springs and B-body springs....but I'm kinda confused lol.

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

Lightning

Re: Leaf Spring Confusion...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 15:33:33 »

I believe the company's name is Espo for the new good springs.  They make springs to fit our cars now that are nice and firm, so we necessarily don't have to go to Dakota or B-body or E-body springs.

Looky here: https://www.dippy.org/forum2/index.php/topic,197.0.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 15:36:02 by Lightning »

Reggie

• Gran Fifthlomat Meister
  • Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Maryland - DMV Area
Re: Leaf Spring Confusion...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 15:44:37 »

As Lightning said, Espo sells nice replacement springs.  They don't have the springs or prices listed on their site, so you have to call them.  For stock replacements, espo is probably the way to go.  B-body springs are the wrong length in the front AFAIK.  S-Type and Bill55az were the ones that mentioned C-body and Dak springs, so maybe they'll jump in here.  Info on spring dimensions is now in the Library. - RR
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." - Christopher Morley 1890-1957, American author and editor

Library format and content © 2007- 2012 Reginald A. Royster, Sr., unless otherwise authored or noted.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up