Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: '82 dippy A-38 questions  (Read 4549 times)

MyDodgeDip

• Dippy Oracle
  • Somerville, NJ
Re: '82 dippy A-38 questions
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 18:01:48 »

Tough to say what its worth without seeing it.  It's tough getting into someone else's project but it can be worth it.  Where are you located?  I've got a SG 8 1/4 with 11" drums here in NJ if your in the area.
~Luke
1978 Chrysler Lebaron Coupe, 360-4, Sunroof
+ A Fleet of K cars...

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

unclemike

• Dippy God
  • Lancaster County PA
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 23:19:15 »

What's the difference between a 5th Ave and a Diplomat Salon? Mine doesn't have a computer controlled lock up. I thought they were only found in overdrive torqueflite trans in later years. Also my car has a speedometer cable so all I did was replace the guage with a 125 cop speedo. Did 5th Aves have a digital dash option? Anyway if you need an electronic speed control sensor check out Rock Auto  they list one for $21.89 plus shipping.

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 00:41:56 »

Its probably just a normal one with nothing done to it. And no such thing as a computer controlled lockup or anything like that.

john

• Dippy Die-Hard
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 16:47:44 »

Mydodgedip i am in central massachusetts. And as for lock control i thought the computer read the pulses from the speed sensor and sent power to the tcc which engaged lock up. If it's all controled from the trans is it a vacuum
signal at a certain speed? I really thought there was a sensor on the speedo cable that made pulses, maybe just newer
cars use that. I guess i need to look into that a LOT more, too much time spent around newer stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up