Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Crickets....  (Read 6011 times)

Ark

• Ayatullah of Rock 'n Rolla
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Bloomington, IN
Re: Crickets....
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 12:24:44 »

Close calls, glad everything is alright.

Midwest weather this year has me wanting to move into a bunker built on top of a 200 foot hill.
1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue, 360 4bbl .030 over, A727, 2.94, cop suspension and then some

1997 Saturn SL2, 1.9L DOHC 5spd

Dippy.org

• Advertisement

brotherGood

• Generationally Challenged
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
  • Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2019, 20:36:11 »

I'm still here!
One of those tornadoes was 5 miles West of my place, and one of the others was 5 miles to the East.  I know something big happened outside.  My yard was covered in a blanket of leaves the next morning, and my roof had that same green blanket.  My neighbors on either side had very few leaves down, and further down the road it looked like nothing had happened at all.
One of the other Team Leads at the office was hit by the tornado that was 5 miles to my East.  She lost her house. 

We normally have EF-0, or EF-1 tornadoes, and those cause enough damage.  The 9 that touched down in our region were all EF-3's & 4's!
Darth Car quietly avoided the hail, resting comfortably in his garage.

I'd been wondering how you faired.. everyone I had contacts with from that area are good I just didn't have your number. One of our drivers had a delivery in Dayton and had to bring it back as the back half of the building was gone.
'86 Dodge Diplomat AHB. Rebuilt 318 LA/Magnum, cop 904, 8.25 rear.

Derekb

• Dippy Junkie
  • ga
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2019, 20:50:31 »

First few months of this year rainy every day now been few weeks without rain.

This is what i have been up to

Patrick

• I'm Back!!!!
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2019, 08:05:45 »

Man still crickets....

I guess everyone is spending time outside (when it isn't raining) and driving.

brotherGood

• Generationally Challenged
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Urbana, OH
  • Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2019, 18:59:33 »

Between the Facebook group, and forFMJbodiesonly, most everyone has dropped off of here. There was a slight exodus when Allpar bought the site, but most everyone else left between then and the most recent sale.

I still hop on occasionally, but anymore if I have any questions I go Facebook first, fmjbo second.
'86 Dodge Diplomat AHB. Rebuilt 318 LA/Magnum, cop 904, 8.25 rear.

Derekb

• Dippy Junkie
  • ga
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2019, 00:48:15 »

Doesn't help ice vanished

lsm360

• Dippy Oracle
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Facts can be stubborn things
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2019, 14:15:59 »

I stopped coming here daily but not until after things dried up here. I was checking daily only to find no new activity sometimes for a week. I kept coming anyhow and posting 3rd party transactions, Garage responses and questions, and occasional (but less often) Cafe posts. It was only AFTER weeks of this I just decided it was pointless to check daily. I'm sorry to see it fading away.
'89 Diplomat S code AHB now with FI 410 C.I.D. smallblock
1979 Power Wagon 150 Short bed Factory 360-4
2010 Charger Pursuit 5.7

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 14:31:06 »

I still come here sort of daily to see what's going on but haven't not much going on to reply to.
People seem to do everything on facebook now. Some other forums that were big for ages really died down too.

M_Body_Coupe

• Dippy God
  • Windsor, ON, Canada
  • aka Diplomat360
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 19:52:56 »

Not a fan of Facebook, heck, don't actually have an account there...but yeah, I remember the good 'ol days here...LOL, [Edited by Farley's], we had a few "meeting of the minds" on here...always a good time.

You know, I suppose the 1st sale is when things really took a turn for the worse. A bunch of folks left, further down the road the conversation around project cars pretty much died off and the site became a bit of a flat-liner.

I miss the old days, but there is no going back. At the time of the sales it felt to me (personally) like the stuff we all put into this great forum was just taken-over by a faceless & nameless entity...ahh...good ol' Corporate Enterprise!
1980 Dodge Diplomat Coupe, 360-4bbl, 727, 3.91 SG motivated sleeper!
1981 Dodge Diplomat Coupe, /6 38K mi. survivor car, awaiting restoration.

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 22:34:31 »

Not a fan of Facebook, heck, don't actually have an account there...but yeah, I remember the good 'ol days here...LOL, [Edited by Farley's], we had a few "meeting of the minds" on here...always a good time.

You know, I suppose the 1st sale is when things really took a turn for the worse. A bunch of folks left, further down the road the conversation around project cars pretty much died off and the site became a bit of a flat-liner.

I miss the old days, but there is no going back. At the time of the sales it felt to me (personally) like the stuff we all put into this great forum was just taken-over by a faceless & nameless entity...ahh...good ol' Corporate Enterprise!

I don't do facebook either.
This forum was never overly busy and that's why I think a lot of new people would come and stick around a bit and leave but there was always a group of a few real hardcore M owners who were around as long as I can remember never left until different situations came along.
I've also seen huge drops in visitors to my site over the last several years too. I think some from the way the internet is changing and from google and other search engines picking up more advertising and junk sites burying the good sites further down and harder to find and also the cars getting older where not as many people are buying them or driving them now.

Patrick

• I'm Back!!!!
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2019, 07:04:53 »

Well, I disappeared for a while (ok at least 5-6 years), but I just enjoyed catching up with people I knew when I had my 5th. While I'd like someday to get another, I have too many irons in the fire and that will probably never happen. The newest of these cars are now 30 years old, and that's still not antiques status in my state.

Darth-Car

• Dippy Oracle
  • Ohio
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2019, 15:28:55 »

I am truly worried about our friend Ice. I wish somebody with better contact information for our Canadian Friend than I would make an effort to find a way to contact him, or visit him to assure us all that he is well.
It was always him, and the Captain who kept this place fun, and interesting.  The Captain is another one that I wish we could contact to make sure he is ok in the world.
I still try to come daily to the site.  I just like it better.  The traffic here was always more manageable, and technically beneficial from folks who really could answer a question if a newbie, or even one of us more skilled folks had run into something odd.
I don't, and won't do farce book, so I have to go by the FJM haunt, but the posts there lack serious meet many times.  The folks are very nice, and friendly, but the traffic volume there is higher, and a lot of stuff that you have to wade through to get to the real interesting posts. :(
Until The Next Dimension,
The Admiral
Dayton, Ohio, USA

Mike

• Global Moderator
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Canada
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2019, 18:06:00 »

I've tried contacting ice and got response but will keep trying.
Captain is OK last I heard but he's been busy with other stuff.

cbodymoparfan

• The Monster- It's ALIVE!
  • Dippy Oracle
  • Connecticut
  • CopCar Fanatic-Saving them for the Next Generation
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2019, 06:35:28 »

I lurk every so often but havent posted. Currently M-less as my resources to support my hobby have dwindled. Sold the balance of my parts some months ago to wolfmandip. We got into camping last year as my wife really didnt participate in any of my car stuff. Still have my C. Getting tough to crawl under & into cars at my age, though I was under the C again yesterday trying to rectify a fuel sending unit issue. Take care, Tony.
1984 Gran Diplomat AHB - E. HTFD P.D.
1989 Dodge Dippy- former Tenn.H.P.
1973 Ply Fury I CSP Clone

Patrick

• I'm Back!!!!
  • Inactive
  • Dippy God
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2019, 06:47:29 »

I think we all have different hobbies and interests as we age.
My big thing is model trains, although it was a hobby I had in High School.

I've been m-less for just shy of 10 years. Hard to believe it's been that long.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 |   Go Up